Wednesday, December 15, 2010

The Annual Christmas Card

Once again it's time to create our annual family Christmas card.  As usual, I'm running late.  I procrastinate every year, because I always argue with myself on doing the card.  Should I just send a plain Christmas card and sign our names?  Well, what about the people who I don't see but I like to keep in touch with?  I should write a little update of what's been happening with our family.  If I do that, it'll take me forever to write in people's cards.  Maybe I should do a Christmas letter?  Well, if I do that, it always has a tendency to come across as "bragging" and the whole year sounds fake and fabulous.  But, then again, why would I write about the bad stuff that happens?  Everyone has bad times and nobody wants to hear about other peoples problems, they have problems of their own.  Everyone does.  So, the letter will just have the highlights of the year.  But, what about a picture?  Do we have a picture of all 5 of us? 

This train of thought made me consider not doing a Christmas card this year, but, then each time I get a card in the mail, I feel guilty.  So, two nights ago, I went on-line and finally made a Christmas card with a picture and a Christmas letter.  I ordered it, and it will arrive on December 20.  By the time people get it, people will be taking their cards down.

Oh well, better late than never. 

Maybe next year I should just resolve that I will do a card and start working on the card early in November.  Besides, I like having the cards.  They make good memories of us and they're fun to look back on.  Sometimes I am embarassed by what I put in the card, but, I still plug away at them each and every year.

Well, tomorrow I drive to Minneapolis to pick Kayla up for the winter break!  I am so excited!  We're going to a nice dinner, then to a play and I'll stay in the dorm with her for the night.  How cool is that!  On Friday we will stop and do some Christmas shopping on our way home.  It'll be the perfect start to the week before Christmas.

Merry Christmas everyone!  (PS:  At least I don't make the family do crazy pictures like this...)

No comments:

Post a Comment