Tuesday, April 5, 2011

The Letters of Spring

I always forget how much I love spring until it actually arrives. Granted, there's still those nasty giant heaps of snow in the shade with grass and mud in it, but hey, you take what you can get. It was a beautiful 50 degrees in the cities today, and I was pleased to see there actually is life on campus outside of the book-it-to-class-to-avoid-frostbite-and/or-windburn-and/or-wet-shoes people I've seen for the past 5 months. Wow...long winter! To keep this week's blog creative, I've decided to travel back in time to 4th grade (or senior year Creative Comp.) and write one of those "letter" poems about spring where the stanzas of the poem all start with the letter of what is being described. (We did this using our names alot. All I could ever think of for "K" was "kooky" or a ghetto-ly spelled "krazy." It wasn't until last year I discovered how perfectly "Ke$ha" fit there.) Disclaimer: this isn't really a poem, so un-prepare yourselves for a cool rhythm or rhyming words.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

cored a sweet new spring jacket at Macy's last weekend in Appleton, and became a Godmother! I shall now put glitter in all my cards as a fairy godmother would...or a certain $omeone else would.

racticed driving into the city by myself a couple weeks ago for the first time! All went well, all are alive. Believe me, this is blog-worthy.

eveled in the gorgeous-weather in La Crosse this past weekend. Got some ice cream (it actually melted outside instead of freezing more!), went into some cool shops, strolled down by the river, attempted to fly a kite, sang the top 20 hits from memory, and walked around downtown aimlessly to find a restaurant for 2 1/2 hours only to end up at Hooters. This weekend was a Perfect 10 :)

f my calculations are correct (meaning Dad, you will be taking me home promptly on May 11th, right? RIGHT?!), I will be living in this dorm room for 34 more days. Bittersweet... But next school year's place of residence will be in the BRAND NEW dorms at UW-L! (Thanks for winning the lottery Dakota!) I'm so excited. It'll probably smell new all the time. Until I bust in with my awesome Island Margarita room spray of course...or just margaritas. Hehe...

ow taking showers and washing dishes are even more enjoyable thanks to the mysterious radio that was placed in the bathroom. I'm impressed nobody's stolen it actually. So guess who's day is made better every morning when Blow or Hold it Against Me comes on mid-shampoo? This girl's right here...

oing to class...the nice weather is not a motivation for this. But as of today, I only have 4 more PoliSci night classes, 5 more 8 am boring lab sesh's, 9 more lectures to learn about sexual dimorphism and other things, and 9 more times to hopefully hear the quietest kid in the world whip out some golden Spanish to earn the entire class 100%s on our 4 page research essays. (Oh yes...this happened.)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

So Spring has sprung in the Superblock, which means only a few more weeks left to live it up in the cities. This includes clubbing...hopefully no one gets stabbed these next times though. (Oh yeah, by the way Mom and Dad...)

No comments:

Post a Comment